Links for Further Reading
Partners in Youth Philanthropy
Michigan Community Foundations Youth Project - MCFYP is an initiative of the Council of Michigan Foundations made possible by a generous grant from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.
Youth Philanthropy Initiative of Indiana
- The Initiative is a special project of the Indiana Grantmakers
Alliance and a statewide partner network of 40+ community organizations
with the common goal of engaging youth to "give and serve" within their
- Supported by the Dekko Foundation, Youth Pods provide an opportunity
for young people to get their first breath of "philanthropic air" from
caring and supportive adults.
Additional Resources on Youth Engagement
Taking it Global - TakingITGlobal.org is the social network that connects you to the global issues that affect us all.
- This division of the Points of Light Institute is host to the nations
largest youth service programs and has brought together some of the
most prominent youth service organizations such as Hands On, The LEAGUE,
Children for Children, and Learning to Give under the umbrella of
Youth Action Net
- YouthActionNet invests in the power and promise of young social
entrepreneurs around the globe. Launched in 2001 by the International
Youth Foundation, YouthActionNet strengthens, supports, and celebrates
the role of young people in leading positive change in their
- Mobilize.org is an all-partisan network dedicated to educating,
empowering, and energizing young people to increase our civic engagement
and political participation. We work to show young people how public
policy impacts our lives, and more importantly - how we can impact
- An initiative of Save the Children, YouthNOISE works to inspire,
connect, and empower youth to help young people everywhere by
volunteering, fundraising and speaking out.
Learning to Give - Learning to Give
was developed as a way to engage educators and others in teaching philanthropy in the
classroom. The site includes syllabi and curricula aimed at integrating
a program of philanthropic instruction into the schools.
Youth Leadership Institute
- Youth Leadership Institute builds communities where young people and
their adult allies come together to create positive social change. YLI
designs and implements community-based programs that provide youth with
leadership skills in the areas of drug and alcohol abuse prevention,
philanthropy, and civic engagement.
- This is a national network of young people who know they can make a
difference in their communities and take action to change the world
Youth on Board
- Youth on Board helps young people and adults think differently about
each other so that they can work together to change society.
Serve.gov - Serve.gov is your online resource for not only finding volunteer opportunities in your community, but also creating your own.